Generating a "done" file when an acquisition has completed

Hello,
I am writing software that takes the output files from acquisition and moves them to the cloud. Currently our code recursively watches the Downloads dir for subdirectories that match the Cephla output pattern (_) and copies files when they appear to be complete. This works OK on Linux but not on Windows (we use the python watchdog library). It would be convenient if I could have the octopi software write a “done” file with a predictable name (inside the top level of the acquisition directory), only after the entire acquisition has completed (this is common on software like illumina where users were getting “incomplete” copies).

I didn’t see this feature when I skimmed the source code, but it does look like there is a Qt signal and callback being invokved when acquisition is complete, so I’m basically asking if that’s the right way to arrange for my donefile to be written.

@dakoner thanks for bringing this up! We were about to add this feature for units out there imaging blood smears. Just added it now: add writing a done file after each time point and after each experiment · hongquanli/octopi-research@0d443b8 · GitHub. A “.done” file will be created after each time point in subdirectories and after the entire acquisition is done inside the top level directory.

Thanks, I was able to update my repo and write some code in my app to watch for .done files in the top-level acquisition directory!